Who We Are…
Founded in early 2016, Pop-Up Gardens was created by Sydney Landscaper Paul McNeilly and Scottish Horticulturalist Iain Porterfield. they were brought together by their mutual love of creative and innovative plant styling & design.
Paul has been creating spectacular landscapes throughout Sydney’s North Shore for over 20 years with his own company, Watermark Landscapes. With a great passion for bespoke & compelling design, and a real eye for detail, his gardens showcase the best of locally-sourced Australian materials and interesting yet robust plants. His gardens are brought together with unrivalled skill & craftsmanship, and a desire for perfection.
Iain moved to Australia in late 2012 with a Horticulture background that already included maintaining the grounds of Rosebery House in Scotland, residence to the Earl of Rosebery. Since arriving in Sydney, Iain has been furthering his expertise, working as Garden Maintenance Manager at Watermark Landscapes. He has also developed a keen interest in indoor plants and plant installations for Events, whilst working as a gardener for one of Australia’s leading Hospitality Groups.
What is a Pop-Up Garden…
A Pop-Up Garden is a temporary garden that you can hire to enhance your private or corporate event. It’s a package of plants & greenery that we design to your specifications, and then bring to you.
Usually, this will incorporate one or more Green Walls (of which we have several beautiful styles to choose from), and then whatever additional plants you would like to select to enrich your event space and make it truly stunning!
You will have a Plant Styling consultation with one of our experts, and will then be sent a bespoke quotation, including photos of sample plants & flowers.
Your Pop-Up Garden can be as simple or as spectacular as you like. We are committed to designing & creating an installation that really brings your ideas to life.
Whether you would like a stunning floral wall as a backdrop for your wedding photographs, a modest Green Wall to cover a plain or unsightly area, or a bespoke installation with colours & lighting that will really set your event apart from the crowd, we have you covered!
Why Should you Hire A Pop-Up Garden For Your Event…
- Instant WOW!!
- Stunning backdrop for your event photographs
- Add colour & interest – unique decoration ideas for your event
- Enhance your decorative theme – bespoke colour & branding options
- Hide unsightly or boring walls
- Partition areas of your event
- Make outdoor events more intimate
- Bring a touch of the outdoors to your indoor event
- Great way to showcase your personality (bespoke plant and colour options, options for branding, banners, posters or logos, and personalised images to display)
- Great way to advertise your business or brand in a funky eye-catching way
- Create a soothing ambience by softening acoustics & dampening unwanted noise
- Create a calming environment for your event using a combination of warm colours, soft textures & lightly scented plants.
- Create a vibrant environment for your event using a combination of bright colours, bold textures & exotically fragranced plants.
Pop-Up Gardens is based in Forestville, NSW, but work all over the North Shore and greater Sydney. Contact us now for a quote. Events which are more than 30km from Sydney’s North Shore may incur an additional transportation fee.
Please contact us to discuss further.